One Thousand Books 2014 | Art Book Festival Copenhagen
Posted on März 12, 2014 by Julia Schiller
One Thousand Books Art Book Festival
Thu-Sun April 10 – 13, 2014
28 independent publishers from all of Northern Europe meet up in a supermarket in Copenhagen to sell books, greet their audience face to face and to share ideas and strategies with one another. The isles of the supermarket act as a visual and conceptual backdrop as the art books are sold alongside everyday groceries, to bibliophiles and the unexpecting shopper alike.
The aim of the event is to elevate the level, number and quality of art books coming out of our region by hosting an event where players in the field can meet, connect and share ideas and perspectives on current issues in the frame of publishing.
- The Bookmarket. The heart of the festival.
- Five Talks with all kinds of different approaches to art books.
- The Factory. A program of readings and talks.
- An Exhibition of Danish art magazine Pist Protta.
- A Travelling exhibition that will travel around the world after the festival.
- A new installment of Receipt Art
- Six cases of New Literature.
- A Workshop on bookdesign.
- And a new collaborative Publication
- The Danish Arts Foundation
- A. P. Møller Foundation
- Københavns Billedkunstudvalg
One Thousand Books is hosted by Sara Glahn and Lodret Vandret.
Lodret is our non-profit exhibition platform through which site-specific installations negotiate relationships between a given three-dimensional space and featured works of art.
Vandret is an independent imprint publishing editioned works, challenging the form of mainstream art monographs and catalogs bestowing equal value to the exquisitely produced hard cover and things light and ephemeral.
Our imprint has been represented at NY Art Book Fair, Offprint Paris, Copeland Bookmarket, exhibited at the MoMA Library and nominated for Aperture’s First Photobook Award. Several of our publications is shown at the ICP Triennial 2013 and part of the 10×10 American Photobooks project.